Cheap Overclockable Dual Core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why won't I be able to hit 300htt with a 10x multiplier (assuming I have a good chip)? I will be using DDR600 ram...
Because you just said two lines above that "I know I won't get one of those chips"...even if your memory is able to do 300MHz HTT you just said yourself your CPU won't be able to do 3GHz

300 x 10 = 3GHz mate...the only way you'll be able to get your memory running at 300HTT is to lower your CPU multiplier, hence why I'm saying buying a CPU just for the 10x multiplier is rather silly considering in order to get the full pontential of your memory you'll have to lower it anyways

You can buy a 170 if you want...I'm just trying to save you some money

You keep misunderstanding me, DDR600 will be able to do 300HTT no question and I'm not arguing that...but what I'm saying is your memory won't be what limits that, but your processor will

Basically if you were to try and run 300HTT with 1:1 memory with a 10x multiplier you'd get a 3GHz core, but your core might not be capable of running 3GHz...therefore in order to maintain that 300MHz HTT 1:1 you have to lower your CPU multiplier to a point where you processor will be able to maintain those speeds

What I'm saying is you won't be able to run 300HTT 1:1 with a 10x multiplier so buying a processor for that specific reason doesn't make sense

Well the opteron 165 was discontinued, and for under $500 either get the 170 or 175

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom