Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stop making AGP mobos and video cards after about 2 years from now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
maroon1 said:
i think PC will be the future for everything, and consoles will die soon

See flanker, "This is an opinion." He's not right or wrong. It's just his opinion. Which he has every right to.

This is were you will quote him and say something like this:

"What are you crazy?" That's the dumbest thing i've ever seen. You're a noob. PC's are the future. Oh my god... They aren't the future. "What ever I say is the future is the future." And if you disagree with me you're just stupid and dumb and don't know what your talking about."

Flanker said:
We CAN be friends. If everyone admits that Consoles own PCs in games, and will continue to own them for a LONG time, and there is no reason to buy a gaming PC over a console at this point. :classic:

So basically you'll be nice and civil if everyone agrees with your opinion and beliefs? That's what that statement says.

Here's my statement: You can qoute me on this too!
stfu.jpg

I really don't see what the point of this thread is. There have been threads like this in the past and there is one going on right now that is like 10+ pages long. If you want to argue PC vs. Console you should keep it all in one thread.

BTW, the pole is stupid because you are voting on hardware that has not yet been released.

All of these threads should be locked immediately after they are started. They dont do any good. All that happens is that flanker takes everyones opinions and says that they are shit and that he is the only right one.

macombaland said:
They may not die but it looks like theyre trying to become more like PC's everyday.

these threads are lame.
becoming like pc in what ????
can u do Photoshop or web design in a consols???

HAVOC2k5 said:
The only thing I like about the XBOX is the controllers.
Haha!! Are you kidding me?? One of the reasons I haven't bought a console since the N64 was because of the f*cking confusing and uncomfortable controllers. The controller on the N64 was perfect, it did everything you needed and had an easy layout. The controllers on the PS2 and Xbox are so retarded with like 3 control sticks, 5 sets of button pads, different color buttons, different letter buttons and different shape buttons!! I might get a PS3 however, seeing as it has support for a keyboard and mouse out of the box, AND it will have a web browser, and I'm sure with a little fiddeling you could get it up and running as a PC with linux.

maroon1 said:
i think PC will be the future for everything, and consoles will die soon.

Oh really? What makes you think that? Seems to me that its the consoles who are taking over the PCs. I just want to know how you think that.

And Havok, I was ready to let this thread go down into the history of TF, but you just had to be the fvcking retarded ass that you are and flame me didn't you? Well, good job.

HAVOC2k5 said:
YOU SEEM TO THINK YOUR OPINION IS THE ONLY RIGHT ONE.

Oh no. I just think that everyone else's opinion is wrong. How many people on this forum know as much about the consoles as I do? 2 others. 1 of them hasn't posted in this thread.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Well guess what pal? There is no right or wrong when it comes to opinion. You spend more time trying to fight people against their opinions. YOU'RE WRONG DUDE. Simple as that. You can't argue opinion. (FACT) of course that can be argued.

So if someone says the PCs are better for gaming than consoles I can't argue that? What is an argument based on anyways? Well guess what, YOU'RE WRONG DUDE, ALL arguments come off of opinions. EVEN ARGUING WHAT AN ARGUMENT IS COMES FROM OPINIONS OF WHAT AN ARGUMENT IS. Grow freakin up.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Flanker you are quickly becoming the most unlikable member of TF. Hands down, your posts are the most obnoxious and arrogant.

I could care less if you hate me. But hell if I let 200 people turn into retarded console-haters.

HAVOC2k5 said:
You spend more time QUOTING others post and trying to prove them wrong and how you are right. It's just plain stupid...

I like to address other people's posts directly. These last two sentences, would they have made sense if I didn't disect your post?

HAVOC2k5 said:
You should consider going to law school and becoming a lawyer dude. Because it seems like to you every thread is a trail. And you're always trying to win. Which you will never do.

No, but every PC vs. Console thread is basically a huge Console-bash unless I'm here to even it out.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Just give it a rest dude. You're annoying like a freakin' mosquito buzzing around your head. You just wanna smash it and get it to STFU.

Yea well, you can't. Fact is, to me YOU'RE like a freakin annoying mosquito who won't shut up and really doesn't know what he's talking about.

HAVOC2k5 said:
See flanker, "This is an opinion." He's not right or wrong. It's just his opinion. Which he has every right to.

Oh yea, he has a right to it. And through Freedom of Speech, I also have a right to see if I can change his opinion and rid the world of another PC-fanboy.

This is were you will quote him and say something like this:

"What are you crazy?" That's the dumbest thing i've ever seen. You're a noob. PC's are the future. Oh my god... They aren't the future. "What ever I say is the future is the future." And if you disagree with me you're just stupid and dumb and don't know what your talking about."

Well, I guess you were wrong then.

So basically you'll be nice and civil if everyone agrees with your opinion and beliefs? That's what that statement says.

I'll be nice and civil if the PC fanboys stop posting their fanboy-ish comments. I was flaming 003 like all hell before, but when he stopped being a fanboy (you were one, don't deny it ;) ) I stopped flaming him and started talking nicely. Something you obviously can't seem to do.

Vybuni said:
All that happens is that flanker takes everyones opinions and says that they are shit and that he is the only right one.

No, I take the fanboys' opinions and say that they are shit and then I prove why they are shit.

Nice job guys. I wasn't planning on a flame, but w/e.

You dont prove anything. All you say is that PS3 has like 220gigaflops of power or whatever. Big deal. more gigaflops dont always = better system.
You are the big fanboy.
These threads only turn into a console bash BECAUSE you are here. ;).

I think that this has been argued enough. Cant we just give it a rest. Maybe get a lock on all of these **** threads. **HINTHINT**

Vybuni said:
more gigaflops dont always = better system.
well true gigaflops alone dont equal a good system but combined with a powerful graphics and physics card they do.

the cold unbiased truth:
right now these next gen consoles are currently better than any pc you could possibly get, and a a very small fraction of the price. the xbox 360 has a 48 pipe video card clocked at 500mhz, along with a tripple core powerpc processor each at 3.2ghz. the ps3 is more powerful yet. but in time, the pc will catch up and even surpass these consoles, but as it has been pointed out, right now the consloes own any $6000 pc for $300, and even when pc's that are as powerful or more powerful come out, they will never be $300, or $1000, or $2000, and probably not even $3000.

Vybuni said:
You dont prove anything. All you say is that PS3 has like 220gigaflops of power or whatever. Big deal. more gigaflops dont always = better system.
You are the big fanboy.

Hey, you asked for it. You don't even know what a Gigaflop is, I'll bet.

I said you COULD look at flops if you wanted, I didn't say, "Hey! Lookie this! The Cell does 218gigaflops to the FX-57's 7 gigaflops. Pwnzor!"

YOU asked for it and YOU CHOSE to look at it, don't blame me.

--------------------------------------

003, NOT a 48-pipe card. Its 24 pipes, with 48 vertex shaders. And the 360 has Three Dual-Core processors @ 3.2GHz, not just 3.

Again, I consider Killians' posts to be the end-all, so read them and weep PC fanboys;

killians45 said:
As of now, the architecture is VERY effecient (in instructional execution, that is not in the time it takes to program) and like stated by others, has an incredible future when the hardware is taken full advantage of. Also, as far as it taking a long time to program, most companies are employing more programmers on a single project, thus the increase in game prices. Now, onto how long it will take for the PC to catch up. You MUST understand the architecture of this system to fully appreciate it, that includes how the cache system works in conjunction with the GPU (amazing bit of engineering), environemental synthesis, thread handling, unified shading, etc. For a PC to do this, you are looking at MANY changes having to be made. A MBD to support this architecture, the machine level instructions able to support many different developers of graphics cards, think about the problems that will arise making not just one system with such a specialized MBD, but being able to make MANY various card manufacturers communicate. The new architecture and low level languages make this a daunting task. So, not only the technological level is causing a road block for this, but the many different types of developers and making the os stable enough to handle it. Not to mention, will the major public do a complete overhaul of not just a processor, but new everything that will not be as user friendly to swap parts for as its predecessor?

killians45 said:
Now, PC compared to them? No contest, the next generation consoles will dominate. Eventually, as always happens, the PC market will catch up and surpass the console market. However, with this current console generation I wouldn't look at it happening as quickly as it usually does and eventually the console life span will eventually equal that of the PC where its hardware will infact be good for 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom