Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Save up for a new computer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZucchiniHead

Daemon Poster
Ive been hearing microsoft saying that sony's playstation3 wont be able to use Blu-Ray disc media because its too freakin expensive. But this isnt abut microsoft and sony its about the Pc community. By this time next year both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD drives, burners, etc will be avaiable.

This is a comparision chart of BD-ROM and DVD-ROM
BD-ROM DVD-ROM
Storage capacity (single-layer) 25GB 4.7GB
Storage capacity (dual-layer) 50GB 9.4GB
Laser wavelength 405nm 650nm
Protection layer 0.1mm 0.6mm
Data transfer rate 36.0Mbps 11.08Mbps
Video compression MPEG-2 MPEG-2
MPEG-4 AVC
VC-1

Same thing with HD-DVD

BD-R HD-DVD-R
Storage capacity (single-laye) 25GB 15GB
Storage capacity (dual-layer) 50GB 30GB
Protection layer 0.1mm 0.6mm
Data transfer rate(1x) 36.0Mbps 36.55Mbps
Video compression MPEG-2 MPEG-2
MPEG-4 AVC MPEG-4AVC
VC-1 VC-1

Appaentally from what ive read Blu-Ray will cost alot more than HD-DVD but i still think that im still gonna get Blu-Ray because the Double layer holds more than my Hard Drive now (40gig)

Blue-Ray looks sweet with that 50gig storage capacity but does anybody really need that much space? I guess if they make a massive game for PS3 that might be able to come close to filling it up but will they make a game that huge anytime in the near future? I don't know.

I voted 'I don't know' because it will depend on if I get a PS3 or a 360 on wheather I have HD-DVD or Blue-Ray.

probably the only reason a publisher would use double layer blu-ray is on a huge ass MMO like 10 times bigger than world of warcraft

I vote for the Holograph disc. It holds 300GB and it costs the same as the others. The drives will be able to read both blu ray and Hd dvd.

Who needs a hard drive when you're got 500GB of CDs conveniently stacked up on your table, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom