Buy or Build??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha dell is such a scam... I just went on their website and customized the XPS 600 and it came to $1779 (with only a geforce 6800) without a monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.

All the same stuff on newegg except the case and mobo came to $814 on newegg. I guess if you like spending $900+ for the case, psu, mobo, and having the pc built then dell is good.;)

Except Microsoft has a validation tool where you have to have a Windows Serial Number, and you can't use one that is already in use. You will only get to use WinXP for 30days, then you have to either, A: Reformat and install again, or B: Buy your own copy of WinXP.

Wuold a Disc thats never been used that came with my crappy old dell that says "only use with a new dell pc" work with my new pc im building?

Nope. I believe those OS scan your hardware, and Dell uses specific hardware so it will now. Plus why would you want an OS with all that crap loaded on there?

Nope. I believe those OS scan your hardware, and Dell uses specific hardware so it will now. Plus why would you want an OS with all that crap loaded on there?
What about older dells? I don't want to buy windows, I was going to buy MCE down the road.:(

p0werslave said:
If you want to save, lets say 100 dollars build yourself, if you want all the hassles taken care of for 100 dollars buy it from them.

The difference is only like 100. Personally im lazy so I would pay the 100 :)

thanks for the replies, I will let this stew a few days before I call and order it. Don't want to have any buyers remorse. So I am ok with thier price but what does everyone think of the machine as a whole.....the mobo? cpu? does anyone see any major problems or bottlenecks with this system.

thanks

so i bought a new Sony Vaio Computer Media Center...it costed around 1600 and it's the RC model. It's pretty nice but would you guys say it was worth it? I don't think you can record T.V. on your computer with other programs right?

quixotic115 said
"so i bought a new Sony Vaio Computer Media Center"

and your point of crashing this thread is? people pull up the thread and look at the last post and see that it has nothing to do with the title and leave. thanks for crashing the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom