Buying a good gaming computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if your gettting corsair valueselect why do you need such an expensive board like DFI o0o0o0o get like an MSI K8N NEO4-F with corsair valueselect and i dont think hes going to SLI obviously and try to get the antec neoHE 500W power supply which is like 20 dollars more but your saving a lot more money when getting the MSI K8N NEO4-F over the DFi nF4 SLi-Dr

once again...i agree with zero....obvioulsy he don't wanna sli...so don't get sli board...only no need for 500W ps if u don't wanna add lotta stuff in it or go sli...if u wanna go sli in the future might as well spend a little more now then buying all new stuff in the future. need to know what u really wanna do with this comp..u wanna game with bf2 or like cs 1.6 big difference so when u say gaming u have to kind of specify

oh yeah and i forgot to ask if u were building it? if u r u can save a shiznit load of money..if not ur screwed

Thank you everyone.

I have a monitor and mouse. Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it.

Just wondering.

What is SLI? Well I'll be playing games like Counter Strike: Source. All of the Battlefield games. But the computer that you reccommended should have no problem playing any of those. And I don't mind paying an extra hundred dollars.

Sli is a technology enabling 2 graphics cards to split the work of the graphics processing by giving each card a half of the screen to work with. gives only a 40-50% increase in performance and not many people on this forum like it.

Hmmm.

It seems like it could be a good thing. But it could also go bad. If one of your graphics cards give out then half your screen would probably go out.

hrmm well i think we should also ask him what kinda games he's playing.... and what quality he wants to play them at would be the better question.... well i dunno, maybe he's not expecting to play games at cutting edge graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom