advice on my pc again

Status
Not open for further replies.

notquitedead

In Runtime
Okay I've changed my mind on a lot of parts, so I thought I'd ask one more time for advice on my build.

Link to what I'm planning on getting

I already have a mouse, keyboard, monitor, speakers, etc. and I'm sticking with the RAM I have now until I can afford an upgrade. The next thing I want to do though is do the step-up program eVGA has and trade the 6800GS for a 7800GT.

Will the psu be strong enough for a 7800GT (I'll probably overclock)?

Since I'm not going to be doing an incredible amount of overclocking, would I be better of with the Opteron 165 or an X2 3800+?

I'm also planning on getting a better case (possibly Antec P180 or a cheapish Lian Li), and the Cavalier will be used for the pc I'm on now. Suggestions for a case with good airflow would be appreciated.

Thanks for any advice/help.

Edit: I don't really think I need a lightscribe drive, are there any really good $30-40 dvd/cd burner drives?

Thanks for the input. I think I'll stick with the maxtor, it's the cheapest hdd with 16mb cache that newegg sells. I think the 16mb cache will help with games, but I don't know much about hard drives.

Edit:
On another forum, someone recommended this psu for overclocking, would that be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom