Suggestions to remove heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
Ive got an old 1ghz Athlon computer and Im trying to remove the heatsink but im having problems. The heatsink is a standard 2 metal clip heatsink where the clip goes right onto the side of the ZIF socket. I cant seem to get the thing off, ive tried pushing down on the metal clip, pushing down and pulling it sideways with a wire threaded through it but nothing. Whats the trick to get these off?

Might have glued itself to the processor? Try heating it SLIGHTLY with a hair dryer, then pulling it off. Worked for me.

I think you dont understand my problem. The problem isnt actually pulling the heatsink off, its getting the clips off so it will come out. The clips are just in so **** hard I cant manage to get it off.

if its the kind of clips I'm thinking, use a flathead screw driver and CAREFULLY pry it off. Be good if you could post a pic. Is it clipped to the bottom or top?

second thought, never mind... saw that you wrote it is on theside of the zif socket. may want to try a small flat head, but be **** careful doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom