what is better??

Status
Not open for further replies.

123Justin

In Runtime
hey i wanna kno which mother board is better, the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 or the DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR in overall performance

And also i wanna kno which processor is better, AMD Athlon x2 4200 or the Opteron 170 dual core in overall performance.

thanks.

The x2 4200+ will be faster since it has a higher clockspeed. The Opteron has 1mb per core L2 cache but you won't be able to notice much of a difference. Opterons used to be cheaper but they were have some manufacturing issues.

i would say the if you were going to go with the X2 4200+ go with the X2 3800+ as the only difference is a slight slower core, which you can always OC :D

DFI NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT is the way to go :)

The opteron 170 arent as good for OCing anymore so i would stick with the regular X2 3800+ as it is the same speed as the opteron 170 though the opteron 170 has a total of 2MB cache which is 100 dollars less then the X2 4400+ which has total of 2MB cache, so i would go with the opteron 165 with a total of 2MB cache for a little bit cheaper then the X2 3800+ which only has a total of 1MB cache

so what i would say is get a DFI NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT and an opteron 165 and OC it :)

DFI huh? im surprised cuz alota ppl r saying how the asus is better, but yea.. i got no clue on how to OC, and i dont wan any risks on my computer OCing

if your not goign to OC, and need SLI

i say go with the MSI K8N NEO4-SLI as it is a great beginners for OC'ers and for experts :D

hmm i duno.... for SLI mother boards, dont they also give beter performance? not juss for the video card, cuz if SLI motherboards only special thing is adding 2 vid cards together then i dont think ima SLI, but den im scared that in the future the games will be based mostly on SLI performance then i will have to purchase a new motherboard.

Yea i'd say don't get SLI now, but you can get an SLI mobo and wait until SLI is required to play games, then get 2 cards for that mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom