Problem with Sound on Asus A7V8x-x

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickbuddy111

Solid State Member
I have tried about everything, let windows detect it, download drivers from Asus website, and I cannot for the life of me get the darn sound on this thing to work, if i could get some help it would be appreciated, it used to beep everytime i would get an incoming sound, but i installed realtek 97 audio and that made the beep stop, and i dont even think this motherboard has realtek, thanks in advance

I found out it uses ADI 1980 but cant find a download anywhere...

I have a simialar board to yours, just with a different chipset and for my sound to work correcty I need the right drivers, and also there are jumpers near the end of the board under the I/O ports that have to be set according to the way you want it set up. If you check your manual it should tell you exactly what I'm talking about.

nickbuddy111 said:
I have tried about everything, let windows detect it, download drivers from Asus website, and I cannot for the life of me get the darn sound on this thing to work, if i could get some help it would be appreciated, it used to beep everytime i would get an incoming sound, but i installed realtek 97 audio and that made the beep stop, and i dont even think this motherboard has realtek, thanks in advance

I found out it uses ADI 1980 but cant find a download anywhere...

Plug in the speakers :p

Otherwise, maybe you just got a buggy one :mad:
Has happened to me in the past, though with older models and cruddy mobos on old pcs, where the sound would just.... fry...though I would hate to hear of that happening in one of the cards by my beloved asus ~_~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom