two slot cooling configuration for a graphics card???

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuul155

Solid State Member
I was lookin into buying the graphics card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121203

The problem I have is that I dont have two slots free on my mobo. I dont even think I have one:eek: :eek: . My old ATI X700 PRO didnt need any extra power supply. What can I do? Can I buy a connector to make two or three out of one power slot? Like splittling/dividing the power? Do you know how much my powersupply need to be able to withstand to run this graphics card? I ony have a 300W max Powersupply. How much does a good one cost? Do I even need a new mobo. I have an Asustek mobo (didnt restart so i dont know exactly) and my PC is a hp pavilion a775c.

Thanks again.

Alex

No I meant that the card needs two slots for its power supply. because it's oc'ed. I wanted to know if i can buy splitters or something like that and if I have to upgrade my powersupply because of the power hungry card. The card is my only concern and it would be nice not having to upgrade the PS too. Is it possible?
I only have one PCI-E slot anyway.

According to my search, you wont need to upgrade your mobo. It should have a PCI-express slot on it.

you should upgrade your power supply.

"For a SINGLE GeForce 7800 GTX graphics card, NVIDIA recommends a power supply with at least 350W, 22amps on 12V."

Heres a link to the whole article.... :)

thanks guys I appreciate all the help I got. But now there is another problem. I dont know if my case will fit any PSU. It is a hp pavilion a775c case. It looks to me as if the PSU that came with it is not that big and not using up all the space in the case, but how do I know if the new one is surely going to fit?

In that case you're probably going to have to buy a PSU from HP, alot more expensive because they will be the only ones that will probably fit your case.

At least it is that way with dell, i dont know with HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom