geforce 6200

Status
Not open for further replies.

aviramc1

Beta member
hello to every1 :)

i understand that i can make the card use only the 128 mb he has and not to touch my own mem' how can i do it:confused:

if you have a graphics card, it will only use it's own memory. It will not use system memory. (This is my understanding....)

The only way you'll use system memory is if you use the integrated graphics on your mobo.

I remember someone tellling me that the 7800gtx uses some or very little of your memory

KCRMYZ said:
I remember someone tellling me that the 7800gtx uses some or very little of your memory

I would have never guessed that....:amazed: I guess you learn something new everyday....

well that's is "turbocache"

"how does it work?
The revolutionary TurboCache technology utilizes the additional bandwidth of the PCI Express graphics bus to reach higher levels of graphics performance than traditional video memory solutions, delivering the performance and features you expect from NVIDIA graphics hardware. By allowing the graphics processing unit (GPU) to share the capacity and bandwidth of dedicated video memory and dynamically available system memory, TurboCache turbocharges performance and provides larger total graphics memory" (from nvidia)

so he does use my mem:(

Whats the problem or issue you're trying to avoid? Is the computer lagging during games? BSOD?

Or are you just obsessed with keeping your graphics card out of your system memory???

Some more specs would help.

just obsessed

i'm making music on this computer so it's very importent for me to have a lot of mem'

Time to but some RAM...... ;) Just kidding!

Now i understand.

Still, i wouldn't worry about your graphics card usin' system memory unless you're playing some kind of graphics intensive game. ( This is just my opinion )

If you're worried about mem just buy some external hdds. Makes it a lot easier =/. I have one for music, a separate one for video/dvds, and another one for schoolwork and work work. ^.^
Makes life easeh.

Camden said:
If you're worried about mem just buy some external hdds. Makes it a lot easier =/. I have one for music, a separate one for video/dvds, and another one for schoolwork and work work. ^.^
Makes life easeh.

he's talking about RAM (random access memory) not Hard drive storage, two completely different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom