Ram acting all Strange!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haGGard

In Runtime
Hi!

Folowing on from this thread i made a few days ago...

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78137&pagenumber=1

I reformatted my computer hopeing it would solve all the slowness and spiking of the CPU. It didnt.

So i removed the ram (2 x 512 sticks) and cleaned it up a bit (not that it was even very dusty) and replaced only 1 stick back in. I booted up the PC and hey-presto, it worked fine again. I then put the other stick iin with it and again, it was running fine again, no more slow computer or cpu spikeing.....or so i though...

The next morning i booted her up again, and its back to being all slow again, with a spiking CPU. So AGAIN, i took the ram out and replaced it. It didnt work this time, so i did it AGAIN, and this time it worked.

And guess what, this morning i boot up the computer and its all slow AGAIN.

What do you guys this the problem is? I would really appreciate the help!

Cheers

:p All i did was wipe the dust away with my finger tips ;)

But it still doesn't explain why its behaving like this...

But shouldn't you avoid touching the RAM at all, other than handling it by the edges? I'd imagine the static electricity rule applies to RAM too.

haGGard said:
:p All i did was wipe the dust away with my finger tips ;)

LOLOL

WorldIndustries said:
I'd imagine the static electricity rule applies to RAM too.

Yeah, Ram is one of the most static sensitive things inside a computer, if not the most.

I used a static electricity wrist band while wiping it...

But it doesn't explain how it would start doing this before i'd even touched it...

I heard a rumor once that with a Gigabyte of Ram installed you may need to change jumper settings on your motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom