AGP kill it or keep it

• Keep making AGP mobos and video cards

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stop making AGP mobos and video cards after about 2 years from now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, we all know that the consloes right now are more powerful than a pc, and the pcs are also way more expensive, but like i've said before, this is a COMPUTER forum, full of computer enthusiasts, and computers WILL eventually catch up the consoles. it's all a matter of time. but even when they do catch up the consoles will still be way cheaper, but again, this IS a computer forum after all

Tyler1989 said:
Computer no questions asked.

Yea, its fanboys like you who piss me off :D

Prove it. Can't can you? Thats what I thought. You idiots accuse everypme else of being Nvidia fanboys, or ATi fanboys, or Intel Fanboys, but you're all PC fanboys. Grow up for god's sake. Open your fvcking eyes.

if you have the money, go with PC, but if your on a budget, and want something that looks like the 2k PC then go with a console :)

Tyler1989 said:
Computer no questions asked.
umm ya that is kinda retarded. consloes right now ARE more powerful than a PC, and at a fraction of the price, please refer to my last post
003 said:
well, we all know that the consloes right now are more powerful than a pc, and the pcs are also way more expensive, but like i've said before, this is a COMPUTER forum, full of computer enthusiasts, and computers WILL eventually catch up the consoles. it's all a matter of time. but even when they do catch up the consoles will still be way cheaper, but again, this IS a computer forum after all

Flanker said:

Prove it. Can't can you? Thats what I thought. You idiots accuse everypme else of being Nvidia fanboys, or ATi fanboys, or Intel Fanboys, but you're all PC fanboys. Grow up for god's sake. Open your fvcking eyes.

show me some statistics or benches saying consoles own computers. calm down a little too, you have a lot of anger when he was just stating his opinion dont go off like he's trying to p*ss you off he was just stating his opinion.

Flanker said:

If anything, it seems like your the fanboy. Is there something wrong with liking computers??? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, just as you are. I, as many, know that the consoles are at the top in raw power, but they are extremely limited in terms of use. I hope you know that this isnt just a gaming forum, but people come here for other reasons. Can you do 3D modeling, CAD, Photoshop, etc on an Xbox 360 or PS3. No.

And yes, these threads should be stopped.

Long one, but bear with me.

bball100 said:
show me some statistics or benches saying consoles own computers. calm down a little too, you have a lot of anger when he was just stating his opinion dont go off like he's trying to p*ss you off he was just stating his opinion.

Saying "Computer no questions asked" is hardly a way of expressing your opinion. It means that a retard voted in the poll, without any knowledge of what he was talking about. As for benchmarks, go find them yourself, I'm not your babysitter. By the way, you won't find any because they're totally different architectures and benchmarking programs don't work on both. Floating point-operations are a benchmark though. An FX-57 does 7 gigaflops, the Cell processor does 218 gigaflops. You can look at flops if you want... But you have to look at the SPECS. 3 x Dual Core Power PC 3.2GHz processors and a R580-based Xenos GPU. You do the math.

Oh, and read this;

killians45 said:
As of now, the architecture is VERY effecient (in instructional execution, that is not in the time it takes to program) and like stated by others, has an incredible future when the hardware is taken full advantage of. Also, as far as it taking a long time to program, most companies are employing more programmers on a single project, thus the increase in game prices. Now, onto how long it will take for the PC to catch up. You MUST understand the architecture of this system to fully appreciate it, that includes how the cache system works in conjunction with the GPU (amazing bit of engineering), environemental synthesis, thread handling, unified shading, etc. For a PC to do this, you are looking at MANY changes having to be made. A MBD to support this architecture, the machine level instructions able to support many different developers of graphics cards, think about the problems that will arise making not just one system with such a specialized MBD, but being able to make MANY various card manufacturers communicate. The new architecture and low level languages make this a daunting task. So, not only the technological level is causing a road block for this, but the many different types of developers and making the os stable enough to handle it. Not to mention, will the major public do a complete overhaul of not just a processor, but new everything that will not be as user friendly to swap parts for as its predecessor?

killians45 said:
Now, PC compared to them? No contest, the next generation consoles will dominate. Eventually, as always happens, the PC market will catch up and surpass the console market. However, with this current console generation I wouldn't look at it happening as quickly as it usually does and eventually the console life span will eventually equal that of the PC where its hardware will infact be good for 5 years.

--------------------------------------------------

Vybuni said:
If anything, it seems like your the fanboy. Is there something wrong with liking computers??? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, just as you are. I, as many, know that the consoles are at the top in raw power, but they are extremely limited in terms of use. I hope you know that this isnt just a gaming forum, but people come here for other reasons. Can you do 3D modeling, CAD, Photoshop, etc on an Xbox 360 or PS3. No.

And yes, these threads should be stopped.

I'm a fanboy of what? If I support Athlon 64s over Pentium 4s because they totally dominate them in performance does that make me a AMD fanboy or something who knows what he's talking about?

As for consoles, how about YOU figure out that WE ALL know how limited consoles are. How about YOU read 8 pages of it? NO ONE has said that Consoles should be used for anything more than gaming. I, myself, have never said that either. NO ONE WANTS to do 3D Modeling, CAD, Photoshop, etc on a Xbox 360 or PS3, OK?! Its GAMING Console vs. GAMING PC. And Pepsiboy wants to know whether to get a GAMING Console or a GAMING PC? NOT a 3D Modeling/CAD/Photoshop/etc. PC, OK?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom