Installed a new DVD-Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

contemptor

Baseband Member
Well I tried installing my dvd writer, but since I couldn't edit my bios (don't know why this happened), I couldn't set it to come on as a secondary slave or whatever. I reset my bios and set all my settings back. Then I hooked up the dvd-writer. I couldn't seem to get into bios for some reason, it kept freezing. When I let it start normally, sometimes it appeared to freeze while booting, even at the MS XP screen. I tried unplugging the power to the DVD-Writer, and then it unfroze and started booting again. I checked this again, and the same thing happened. My CD-Writer is the only other thing attatched to the ribbon cable that's attached tot he DVD-Writer, and I haven't done anything with jumpers because there were no instructions with the DVD-Writer. Any ideas what's going on?

you have to set the jumper on the dvd-writer to slave...it should be on the drive itself where the correct jumper placement is...if it's not..just move it over a pin till it works....btw you don't need to set anything in the bios

Okay I did that, and it works. Unfortunately though now, my cd-writer won't work. It detects it as being there, but it won't read a cd. When I put a blank cd in and try to burn something, nero will ask to insert a cd. What now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom