Icons and winxp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to your files types under Tools, Folder Options.

You have to manually add open, if it doesn't show up there. I can't tell you what to add to make it work, because my kernel has all the patches on it.

Yeah i figured that i needed to manualy add it, but i dont really know what to put in there!

I thought u would find it difficult to add in each thing ..that's y i posted a .reg file for ya ...

Just PM me ur email address .. n' i'll send u the reg file for the file folder too...

Else I'll probably post it later on ..'coz i'm at work right now .. n' i'm kinda stuck up with somethin' else

another solution would be to use the recovery console contained on the xp setup disc. it will automatically add any missing files etc for you. boot from the disc, ignore the first prompt to repair an installation pressing enter to go into xp setup. on the setup welcome screen, highlight the xp installation with the prob and press "R" it takes about the same length of time it takes to do a full install. most os probs can be solved using the repair console. it saves having to play around with registry settings and the like.
hope this helps.

Colin :
Just run both the .reg files n' it should solve ur problems

bazzas100 :
Don't ya think .. it's a bit too much of a hassle to go thru the entire repair process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom