what are the optimal voltages i should set ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyotaka

In Runtime
I'm looking for stability/overclockability.. running water cooling

CPU AMD newcastle 3200+ socket 754

VGA XFX Geforce6800GT 256mbGDDR3

Chipset Nvidia Nforce3

Memory Patriot Signiture series pc3200 1gb(2x512)

what would be the best voltage for the 4 of these?

Expirement, raise .05V at a time, find what is stable yet enough. I would say a .2v increase is a fair amount. But I don't know the stock voltages for that CPU.

For different brands of memory and other stuff, its different, like i said, expirement, the worst that can happen is that you have to clear BIOS and start over again.

The only two "optimal" voltage settings that are set in stone are setting LDT voltage to 1.4v and chipset voltage to 1.7v

Both vcore and vdimm will be dictated entirely based on how your processor reacts...every core is built differently and the only way to find out what type of settings you want is to actually test out your core

Your 6800GT will also be limited by your nf3...that chipset does not go well with nvidia cards and has been known to cause stuttering and other problems

gaara said:
The only two "optimal" voltage settings that are set in stone are setting LDT voltage to 1.4v and chipset voltage to 1.7v

Both vcore and vdimm will be dictated entirely based on how your processor reacts...every core is built differently and the only way to find out what type of settings you want is to actually test out your core

Your 6800GT will also be limited by your nf3...that chipset does not go well with nvidia cards and has been known to cause stuttering and other problems

yeah unfortunately I know the issue too well.. Atleast unlike my other nforce3 board it actually works on this one with minimal issues.. Hopefully upping the voltages will make it stable enough to handle it .. that's my hope.

um don't up voltage on grfx lightly (btw u know that agp and gfx core voltages are differant? )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom