Choose Duplicity's Mobo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duplicity

In Runtime
Well, not quite, but you can give me advice :). I have been going back and forth between mobo's for a while and cannot decide what to go with. My price range is up to $130 (roughly) I've really been focusing on the DFI Lanparty Ultra-D, Epox EP-9NPA+Ultra, Asus A8N-SLI, and a few others. SLI would be nice, but it is certainly not a necessity and I will probably not use it in the future. I've been leaning towards the Epox board because it's priced nicely for the features included. I know most people would reccomend the DFI board, but seeing as though this is my first build (I've heard that the DFI isn't for starters) and I don't plan on oc'ing much, it doesn't seem the right choice for me. Please lead me in the right direction :)

DFI Ultra-D.
The system in my signature is the very first system I have ever built, and I got an Ultra-D and I love it. It is also my first experience with overclocking.

im in the same boat. I can just afford a DFI Ultra-D but i dont really want one.

Im leaning towards ABIT KN8 Ultra.

Dfi's a **** good mobo whether you're oc'ing or not. Though if you were to take my advice, go with the asus ^_~.

You will be making a big mistake if you don't get DFI
Duplicity said:
and I don't plan on oc'ing much
so you will be ocing? when you OC, you either don't OC at all or you see how high you can OC stable. DFI will give you the best OC, ASUS up next, but I wouldn't get that epox mobo. The Ultra-D is your best choice. BTW, it's not SLI.

Asus or MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum would be good for 1st time builder. DFI is best mobo for overclocking,but if u not planing for that then forget it

Hmm. Well, I like the DFI board, but I just hear a lot about how it's not the best beginner board.

That is all rubbish. For my very first build, I got an ultra-d (which I still have), and the only thing I had to do was increase the RAM voltage. You just need to make sure you get parts that you know will work with the board. If you need help with that ask me.

Well, everything should be fine anyway because I'm going to have a buddy come over and help guide me throught he process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom