Amd 2400+ ->1800+ ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

madking153

In Runtime
hi , i bought a AMD XP 2400+ last month .after i assemble everthing ,the computer recognized that my processor speed is 1800+. So i check the bios setting - fsb : 100MHZ , multiplier : 7.0/15.0 ,so become 1800+

i try to change fsb to 133 mhz (without changing other bios setting ), the computer jam restart when i paying game..

so i wonder that whether is the BIOS setting or i been cheated by the dealer .

Beside , how can i check whether it is 2400+ or 1800+

the motherboard I use is A7N8X -support 333MHZ,,

Pls help!

the only way to know what processor you have is by reading the Ordering Part Number (OPN) printed on the CPU itself and match it to AMD's processor recognition chart found here:

http://www.amd.com/gb-uk/assets/content_type/DownloadableAssets/Processor_Recognition_Rev05_ENG.pdf

you must be able to remove and install a processor & heatsink or get someone else to do it for you. if it turns out you have a 2400 maybe you have changed the wrong setting. it should say "CPU external frequency" or something similiar.

dude dont go through all that lol check ur jumper settings on your motherbord set them to 266 probly or 333 most likeley 266 fro 2400+

some motherboards still have switches on them for clock speed.
you might have to have a look at your motherboard booklet.

>>ekÆsine- thanks for the info , it really help .i found my is 2400 +.(that mean i am not cheated by dealer .

regarding my motherboard (A7N8X ) default setting ,the CPU FSB is 400/333/266 .so the jumping setting is correct .In BIOS setting , how should i change it to make from 1800 + to 2400+ ?
now the fsb -100 MXz ..multipier is 7.0/15 .--so is 1800 +

yes your jumpers would be already defaulted at 400/333/266 so you would not need changing jumper settings. these are your correct settings for xp2400. set them in your CMOS setup:

cpu external frequency (physical FSB): 166Mhz

frequency multiple (multiplier): either 11.5 or 12

did you double check to make sure you correctly reseated the heatsink back on the processor AND re-applied thermal paste to die? you might create an overheat problem is you did not.

to check, make sure your cpu temp does not go over 58 degree celcius in BIOS hardware monitor. if it does wipe off the paste, use new paste, and make sure heatsink isn't mounted crooked.

the paste is put between the chips and the heatsink ?

Will the cpu fsb too high?coz last time some people tell me to change the FSB to 133 MHZ and multiplier to 15 x , when i playing games the computer will restart after ~30 min .

Beside , should i change the cpu core voltage or other setting ,or leave ti alone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom