Wierd crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambico

Baseband Member
so after i upgraded everything is fine and dandy but once in a while my computer just shuts off and when i restart my bios doesnt detect any devive (cd-rom, harddrive) except floppy, then i turn my comptuer off and back on and it finds it (or 2 times) and i dont know whats causing this...my computer case is pretty warm from the exhaust fane (Artic Cooler Freezer 7 heatsink with 2 fans 1 blowing and sucking) and another fane directly behind that to take the heat out of the case, but my 7800 GTX is huge and i think its acting like a ceiling for the heat, anyone know if it would be possible for my gfx card to overheat to 150C?

my card is overclocked at 519mhz/1.43 ghz, would the regular 460/1.3 be a fix?

yeah the test is fine, i kept tabing out while i was playing call of duty 2, and i notice the heat was aroun 66C on the gpu so i think whats happening is heat is getting traped inside and then my cpu was around 59ish and my throttle limit is 70...but i was playing for like an hour nonstop

put it all back to normal when you are diagnosing problems. Check one of your cables isnt dodgy inside your machine doing somthing odd with the drives. Check the drives are ok in another machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom