SLI/Crossfire: The cold hard truth

Which case is the best all around case?

• Cooler Master Centurion 5 case w/ window.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NZXT Trinity case.

• Antec super lanboy

• My case is better

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
well btw......looks like ppl wont go for SLI and crossfire r cuz of financial issue. (of course)
so which means its their marketing issue, too.
so mb in the future (i wish), for the second card buyer intending to use it for SLI and crossfire purpose, they can give us some kind of discount, like 1/2off or even 25% off...
then the story would be different....
but as long as they r makin plenty of dough...its not gonna happen..
but hey, we can always work extra hours for an extra card!! <---(thats the american way!..?)
nvm...

PZEROFGH said:
thats why people consider 2 6600GT's but actually one 6800GT does better.

ya so then ppl wants 2x 6800GT.
but only 50% performance increase, so y not we only pay 50% of it too..
well..i wish...
but hey, its xmas soon!
nvm

yeah if your only gonna get 50% more performance you should only pay 50% of the cost. It should be that if you order 2 cards for sli or crossfire the second one should be 1/2 price. and yeah SLI and crossfire are kind of a waste of money now but when games really need 2 cards running it and it gives you double performance it will be worth it

they should just use one 6800GT then a 6800GT SLI card which is only 150 dollars half the price of a 300 dollar 6800GT :D

lets just bomb an nvidia and ATI manufacturering building and tell them we will blow up one building every two weeks until they fully discontinue SLI, discontinue research for SLI and give us a **** powerful single card solution for a reasonable price instead of me having to sell my soul and first born child just to be able enjoy good graphics.

Eh...I don't think this idea of using two cards will ever become an industry standard like some people are making it out to be...the whole rumour of UT2007 needing SLIed 7800GTXs is utter BS and this simply proves it, as I've been saying all along SLI only offers 30-40% average increase over a single card which is not a significant enough difference to create a cutoff point between a game needing SLI to run or not

I mean, you're paying more than double to use this technology if you factor in both a second card and the SLI chipset, and in some cases the single card actually works better...it just baffles me that people STILL buy into this crap

What about this though.

You're dying to buy the new 7800GTX 512MB when it comes out which is $750 but you only have $650 USD. So you settle for (2) 7800GT's @ $319 each. With Shipping and handling you meet your $650 wallet. Run the two cards in SLI, now your (2) 7800GT's out perform a single 7800GTX 512MB less $100? And it's only like $100 more then running a single 7800GTX or X1800XT, and will out perform both single cards.

? Still no good ?

So what's wrong with that?

On a side note:
Awhile ago I was talking about GPU sockets on a motherboard and someone told me it will never get done. I won't mention who that someone was. I was talking about a stand alone graphics unit with it's own motherboard with GPU sockets, it's own ram, power supply cooling and a PPU. It looks very, very possible now... because

GPU sockets are coming....

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27083
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2574

HAVOC2k5 said:
What about this though.

You're dying to buy the new 7800GTX 512MB when it comes out which is $750 but you only have $650 USD. So you settle for (2) 7800GT's @ $319 each. With Shipping and handling you meet your $650 wallet. Run the two cards in SLI, now your (2) 7800GT's out perform a single 7800GTX 512MB less $100? And it's only like $100 more then running a single 7800GTX or X1800XT, and will out perform both single cards.

... no the 7800GTX 512 would walk all over 2 GT's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom