which abit nf7 motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
ok i was currently going to sell my system but now its just not worth it. and plus my cpu is only at 2.4ghz lol, which im limited to that becasue of my motherboard i have curently and becasue of my power supply, so im going to buy the abit socket a nf7 board. but which is the best one? there is so many revisions of it. and i know the lastest one s not good so which one is the best?

Abit NF7-S Rev.2... I have a good setup for sale for $200 shipped. AMD Athlon XP-M 2400+ (will do 2.5ghz stable), that mobo, Corsair XMS PC3200 Platinum Ram and an Asus Geforce Ti 4400...

Edit: BTW that is the most you will get out of any non-mobile (XP-M) Socket A processor on air. That is pretty dang fast too.

Edit: BTW that is the most you will get out of any Socket A processor on air. That is pretty dang fast too.
Nah, mine did 2.7GHz on air. Thermalright SLK-900A with an 80mm vantec tornado.

Still as you said though 2.4GHz isn't bad at all for a non-mobile on air

yeah, everyone raves on about the NF7-S version 2. It has a lot going for it. I would get it if i had the money, but my 2500+ according to my friend (who gave it to me) it can do 2.5ghz on Air. I need a new heatsink :)

ok im going to buy this heat sink here http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=121037&Tab=1&NoMapp=0

then tear off the stock fan mount it some where in my case and then mount two vantec tornados to the heat sink. along with a copper cpu shim, and artic silver 5, and all along with the nf7 board. then i will load on 2 volts to the cpu and 3.2 volts to my ddr 500 memory and hopefully push my cpu to 2.65ghz. what do you guys think? maybe my bandwidth should go from 3.4gb now to 4gb .my memory is only at pc3500 now. so with it running at ddr 500 and my cpu at 2.65 it should be killing. along with my x850xt also overclocked i should get a dramatic fps increase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom