Making Gaming Smoother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpentine105

Solid State Member
I have a laptop, so I can't buy a new video card and install it. The specs are pretty good, with 512 MB RAM and a 100 GB Hard Drive, and games read my processor as a Pentium IV, even though I believe it is a Centrino (for battery life issues). Is there any way that I can make my computer run faster during game play, even though I can't have another video card installed?

Can't overclock a notebook, so maybe just run a system cleanup to clear out interference, and maybe look into an external harddrive to free up some ram

Check your specs and see what your max ram is. max it out if you can. also, streamline your opperating system: get rid of background programs and "on startup" programs through your msconfig. keep it defragged.

I'll look into those memory sticks you'll were talking about, and I've already defragged it, kept the other systems not running. Thanks a lot guys

Type "Rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks" in the run command in the start menu. Wait like 5-15 minutes becuase what this command does it frees up any idle tasks in the background so it devotes the cpu's full attention to one task. By ending all those useless processes it takes some time, if you really dont want to wait, hit the famous "ALT-CTRL-DELETE" and go to the preformance tab to check the CPU's usage. Once the usage goes down anywhere from 0-3 or 4 % then it's good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom