Wireless USB Keyboard and Standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

xeromem

Solid State Member
It seems I am unable to bring my computer out of standby with either my keyboard or mouse. Both are from a Logitech package called the MX Duo (Very nice btw). I checked the BIOS and USB keyboard support (pre-windows) is enabled, and USB Keyboard Wake-up from standby is also available. Is it because it's wireless that it won't work? Kinda disturbing to know I can't put my computer in standby anymore. Thanks in advance.

What happens when you go to your PC in standby mode and hit Enter. I have a set of wireless logitech devices also and it works just fine. I hit enter though and it comes up in about 20 seconds...

-Mike

Does this happen when u use the PS/2 adapter which comes along with the MX Duo ..

I have the same thing .. n' it's never been a problem for me ..
Though i have mine connected on PS/2

I tried Preet2u's suggestion already, and that didn't work. As for who posted earlier, I tell them system to go to standby. It does everything it's supposed to and goes silent, like it should. However, I try to bring it out of standby and nothing happens. I can press any key or move the mouse wherever I want and nothing will happen. It's like my computer commits suicide or something. :( I end up having to push the power button, which causes the computer to flush it's RAM and restart... I'm not too sure why it's not working. The only thing I can think of is that when it goes into standby, it cuts the power to the wireless reciever (AKA no lights on the little grey stand). I don't guess I have a way to tell the computer to keep that one USB port alive, so I guess I'm dead in the water. Thanks anyway.

I should make my computer my signature... hehe. I have as follows:

Custom Built PC

Internals:
3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB P4 HT Enabled
1.0 GHz Crucial PC3200 DDR400 RAM
128 MB All-In-Wonder 9600 Pro
ATI TV Wonder Card (Picture in Picture :))
TEAC DW-548D DVD-CD-RW Combo Drive
80 GB 7200 RPM Maxtor Drive

Case:
E-Cube EG65BK By AMS Electronics

Software:
Windows XP Professional

BIOS:
Phoenix BIOS V. 1.07

It's on the link I gave for my case. It doesn't have any jumpers for keeping USB ports alive, and I don't feel like connecting my wireless keyboard and mouse up through the keyboard and mouse ports. Not my most favorite thing in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom