AX4T Bios Won't Flash/Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownstone_mr

Beta member
I have a AX4T i850-47B27x motherboard. I still have the old bios R1.07. I am trying to update to R1.09.

Now when I launched the bios update program in Dos ( I used a dos bootable floopy) it said some crap about the file number does not match the system/part number....do I want to continue with flash. I hit yes of course.

After flashing using both awardflash and flash810 programs I cannot boot to windows. After the system reboots and before it starts loading windows xp the screen remains blank (black). I hit the reset button and after loading it asks me how I want to load windows (safe mode, network prompt, normal etc). No matter what I hit the computer freezes.

So I flash again with R1.07 and got the crap about file number doesn't match system number etc. However after ignoring this and flashing BACK to R1.07 my system is now like it used to be and booting to Windows XP Pro.

However I have always experienced some performance problems in XP Pro which I think are due to the fact that im using a very old bios (R1.07).

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me some help on how to update my bios somehow.

Many thanks..

B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom