Help on Upgrading Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobzor

Baseband Member
My computer is basically custom built- I've upgraded everything except the harddrive.
I have:
an Abit Uguru motherboard with an Athlon 64 3500+ processor, less than half a year old

a 70GB Seagate Harddrive (not planning on getting a new one, though maybe a secondary since this one is a few years old)

1GB of RAM, dual sticks if I'm correct

A Creative Audigy ZS Soundcard and 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

A Radeon 9800 XT videocard

A 17" LCD screen

A Razer Diamondback Mouse

A Saitek backlit Keyboard

I'm always looking to upgrade my computer. I play many videogames, and though I enjoy high graphics performance is everything. Please help me decide what I should replace/buy next for my computer to help play games. I really don't want to spend over $300-$500. If you need more info please ask.

well i would say upgrade to an X1800XL if you HAVE to go with ATi which is a bad choice, and upgrade the mobo to pcie16 and maybe upgrade to 2GB which is a good thing :D

So how do I know if a motherboard is compatible with a videocard? And if I don't get an ATI what videocard should I get that falls into my pricerange?

well for 300 dollars defintely get an eVGA 7800GT

if your mobo has an AGP slot then you have to get an AGP video card

if it has a pcie16 slot then get a pci express 16 video card

its simple :D

I would say get a new motherboard for more future upgrading and a 7800gt. It will be under 500 and maybe, if theres extra money get some ram. You could almost make your system have 2gb ram. That would be a sweet setup. 7800gt, 3500, 2gb ram. Try to aim for that. Also you might be able to unlock pipelines and overclock to gtx specs. The only problem here is the ram. You say there are 2x512mb sticks. I would have said to have 2x1gb sticks, but idk what you should do about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom