Realtek AC'97 HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4nmy3rs

Beta member
I recently reformmatted my parents computer.. it is a dell and when i tryed playing a song there was no audio...then i checked device manager and there was nothing installed...it suggested me to install Realtek AC'97 audio driver....half way through the computer crashed...this did this many times PLEASE HELP

try and install the audio device in the device manager...then click the have disk tab

Is it the driver disk? First you must let it autoplay, it will install the dell help. Then a list of drivers should come up. Click on them, then click extract and it will install.

Did you reformatt the computer by removing all peripherals except mouse, keyboard, video, and power cord. Becuase if you did not that might cause a problem with driver.

I definitly recomend not removing devices when reformating, it saves a lot of time and effort if you leave them in, If you have windows XP then you have a 90% chance of having the drivers anyway. instead of realtek you could also try www.via.com and use their drivers, it should work.

Alright I tryed all of the above method's and not one have worked wen i put in the dislk i ran a upgrade install and when it got the Realtek it said '' sorry this has not passed windows logo testing" and crashed my comp....like before...thnei tryed www.via.com but all i could find was products that you could buy...so...would getting a cheap sound card work or ... please help lol Sincerly Noob :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom