access private account profiles in windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
hey, this ones a bugger, my uncle's computer got screwy so im backing up the user profiles and documents and doing a system restore, but...his daughets locked their accounts(made them private in users and groups) so now even if i stick the hard drive in my system as a secondary i cant copy, cut, paste, or even access the profile folder, dell tech support wont give me 10 seconds of support with out paying a minimum of 99$ which is a load. so yea. I would'nt've called them but i figured i don't really want to wait hours for a reply here so...here i am anyway.

thanks in advance.

i keep lookin for articles on it, i cant access it even with an admin account, plus i cant boot that hard drive either it keeps BSODing at windows boot, i tried safe mode same thing, i stuck it in my server 2k3 box as a secondary and even with the admin account there i cant access any of the private accounts, tried recovery console but that thing was being *****y

i'll give it a try but i dunno if it'll go, knoppix can read NTFS but cant write correct?

you wouldnt be able to upload an ISO of ERD would ya? if i found space i'd kill to have erd

i've tried and its MAJORLY pissin me off right now, i have a 17 inch monitor and a video card that was givin me high resos before but in linux? no....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom