Im in trouble now

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Need some things to do cause i just screwed up big time. I was taking a heatsink i had superglued on to the memory off and when i was the thing cracked in half and of course now i get all the garbage from a screwed up card. This thing is kinda old so IDK if PNY will take it back. Can i still RMA it to them?

I dont think pny has a super warrenty like eVGA or BFG

Next time I'd stick with a more reputible brand.

Sorry Man
Can't say much else besides that

Hope you figure something out

that sucks. but if you went with eVGA, even if you take the stock heatsink off and put water cooling or a third party heatsink they said they will take it back as long as you still have the original heatsink :)

You guys dont understand. 1) a friend gave this card to me before i got my 6800GT a while ago. 2) I didnt take the GPU heatsink off i put ram heatsinks on and wanted to take them off. Well i superglued them on and now one of the ram chips has a big crack in it. 3) All of my PNY cards came w/ a paper in it saying dont take it back to the store blah blah. They all have Limited Lifetime warranty. I figured sense this card isnt a Geforce2 or something then maybe they would still take it back. Considering this is the only Personal Cinema card they made and they still fully support it on their site. I just dont know how to go about sending it back to them.

If you cracked a RAM chip the card is dead. That's all there is to it. Why on earth would you superglue the heatsink the the RAM chip?? That dosn't even transfer heat!

i believe the proper stuff to use would have artic silver thermal adhesive but w/e

did the ram chips have anything covering them before?

if not its going to be by sheer luck if they accept it for rma

Actualy if you put thermal paste in the middle and super glue on the outside it transfers heat and its the only thing i could afford at the time. Also there was nothing on the chips before. Belive it or not the card still works but there are lines and garbage haha.

With a proper amount of some good persuasion/social engineering, and a couple of lies, you can probably get them to send you a whole new one.

Smart thing would be NOT to mention the heatsink you superglued on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom