6600 gt temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Zalman is compatable because I have one on my 6600GT, it just sticks out a bit, but it'll fit, although I couldn't install the RAMsinks.

i was thinking it wouldnt fit my 6600GT either so i havnt got it yet :p im wondering will it fit height wise...as in will you still be able to fit the card into the agp slot without the fan heatsink getting in the way ??

i thought the threshold for 6600GT was like 145C?

i beleive that's what mine says. XFX though. so that might mean a little something.

anyway.
yea, it's definetally running hotter than mine, but those temps woudln't scare me all that much

I bought a VF700 within the first week of my 6600gt. I was idling at 54-56 and loading at 80-90 and that was just to hot for my taste.
After installing it, idle went down to 42-44 and load to 50-55.

So I wouldn't even question it, do it up.
-Joe

Avalanch3 said:
i was thinking it wouldnt fit my 6600GT either so i havnt got it yet :p im wondering will it fit height wise...as in will you still be able to fit the card into the agp slot without the fan heatsink getting in the way ??

Bear in mind you do lose a PCI slot because of it's vertical size.

My BFG runs on the the nicer heatsinks and fans that come with the card. Runs about 70 degrees celcius at full load, 51 at idle.

I have an arctic cooler just for that model of cards for sale, check my signature for the link.

i thought the threshold for 6600GT was like 145C?
yeah technically in the temp panel it does say that, buuuut I'm pretty sure it'd start showing artifacts if not die well before it actually got up that hot....why nvidia set it that high is beyond me. The 6800's are at 120

Nubius said:
yeah technically in the temp panel it does say that, buuuut I'm pretty sure it'd start showing artifacts if not die well before it actually got up that hot....why nvidia set it that high is beyond me. The 6800's are at 120

ah, i see so clearly now.
*thumbs up*

Hmmm

I'm guessing then that the 7800gt cards are either
a. more efficient power wise
or
b. have a much better hsf

because im getting idle at 40C
and load at 48C with the standard eVGA hsf

and yeah just disregard my sig for the time being
i need to update it

Status