so I ordered my PC.

processor is 3700+ AMD san diego
video card is X800XL ATI
ram is 1 gig(2x512) 3200 corsair
powersupply is OCZ 450w
hardrive 120gig seagate SATA
motherboard MSI NF4 K8N NEO-4
a case, a cd/dvd rom and a floppy drive

I dont plan on overclocking---ever. This computer will be used for gaming and such.

Is thermal paste required? Or can I use the stock heatpad that will come with the heatsinc?

if it's a retail bundle Processor and heatsink then no it's not.. However you will get better cooling performance with AS5

i would get 6800GS instead of the X800XL more for your money

and the thermal paste comes on the heatsink of its a retail processor and alreayd ion the video card

Get the thermal paste. Despite what you say now, you WILL end up overclocking it at one point or another. The sysem in my signature is the first PC I have ever built, and before I built it I had no experience with overclocking what so ever. Look at me now. That HTT setting in the bios just became to tempting to resist.

I would just get thermal paste when you need it. I would get a sapphire X800GTO2. As you can unlock it (change the bios) to get speed's of a X850PE which is twice the cost. The X800GTO2 costs about £150 ($250). This isn't overclocking it's just changing the bios. All you do is unlock unused pixel pipelines so it runs a lot faster.It doesn't make it run hotter or anything although i would overclock it just to get that little more power :D

no dont get any ati card just do what PZEROFGH said and get the 6800GS with a little overclocking and unlocking its much better then everything else in the 6800 series

The only reason you are saying that is because you like Nivida. There is no reason to get the Nvida card. It's slower even with the X800GTO2 not unlocked. So it's pointless. The only reason i suppose is because it supports pixel shader 3.0 but i that's no really massive thing anyway.

not because his a fanboy because its better

and why do you always go around and saying teh X800GTO2 is the best card around and you even said two of them in crossfire is for high end systems??!

i think your a ATI fanboy :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom