new hard drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITZBVAN005

In Runtime
i just installed a new hard drive on my pc and its a 250 gb harddrive but i am having a problem the computer only recongizes 129 gbs how do i have it recongize the whole harddrive not just partial of it

you got to delete that hard drive and install xp sp 2. if you mobo doesn't recognize it, upgrade your bios

I had the same problem until recently something odd happened. I was using norton partition magic making new partitions and I have a 2nd hard drive i installed linux on that then my missing gigs appeared i formatted them and now i have it all back. I dont no why it happen though freak occurance probably :S. Or it could have just been me messing around with my partitions that forced my missing gigs too appear.

I also reformatted using xpsp2 and did it twice! and still couldnt get my missing gigs back until what happened above ^.

ITZBVAN005 said:
i just installed a new hard drive on my pc and its a 250 gb harddrive but i am having a problem the computer only recongizes 129 gbs how do i have it recongize the whole harddrive not just partial of it

Was this a slave or master? Did you put XP on it? If so go to start, run, type devicemgmt.msc and look at the graph below and see if the whole thing is taken up or you see some greyed out areas, if you do, you can format them and get the rest of your drive back and merge it with the rest of your drive otherwise it will look like another hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom