Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilbostuff

Solid State Member
Hey folks,
This is on a Dinosau Gateway PC 400c that my son recieved from his grandmother. I have a Dell Dimension 4600c that is hooked up to DSL via Qwest. The modem used is a Actiontech, which I know has wireless capabilities little antenna on top. What do I need to put him on the net from the his room. Is it a card installed inside his gateway? outside? how can I do this. Please respond to either thread or email lordoftherings33@hotmail.com.

Ok turtile, I believe the Dell has one built into it. So I am guessing this means one router, and one reciever...or does the current DSL modem act as a router..(I know this sounds nutty)...

Yes me thinks it does...now the thing is, does it matter that I operate xp and 98 is on the other machine?

Thought about tossing the XP on the computer, but with only 1 gig of memory for the other one it makes me a bit nervous.

Kinda what I thought...Now just to get the wireless thing set up....I imagine it is going to be a fight. I have never experimented with the driver conflicts..almost seems like after all is said and done, I ought to just pass that computer onto the littlest one. and pass him a laptop that I have..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom