Need Help Lookin For Part!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinecorp213

Solid State Member
i play alota video games but im stupid when it comes to pc parts so im just wonderin wut i would need to buy so that my games would run smoothly. i have a geforce fx 5200 and that is basically the only part i have upgraded. the rest is a 5 year old dell. and suprisingly it will run games such as americas army except for some lag every now and then which ive gotten used to. now if theres is anything else running on my computer besides the game, the game is constantly lagging. i was wondering what parts i may need to buy to run americas army and any other new game(call of duty 2, battlefield 2).

thanks for the help

Something not Dell?

Nothing you can do now will compare to a newly built computer.

For 200 dollars you can get a 6800GT for AGP (hard to find)

Or for about 700 dollars you can build yourself a brand new system with PCI-E graphics.

marinecorp213 said:
i play alota video games but im stupid when it comes to pc parts so im just wonderin wut i would need to buy so that my games would run smoothly. i have a geforce fx 5200 and that is basically the only part i have upgraded. the rest is a 5 year old dell. and suprisingly it will run games such as americas army except for some lag every now and then which ive gotten used to. now if theres is anything else running on my computer besides the game, the game is constantly lagging. i was wondering what parts i may need to buy to run americas army and any other new game(call of duty 2, battlefield 2).

thanks for the help

Do you have a set spending budget?

i dont have a set spending budget but i basically want to spend as little as possible. also im not looking for a completely upgraded computer. i would be satisfied if it could just run call of duty united offensive with ease.

Can you post your PC specs? motherboard, ram, cpu, psu, etc. Sounds like if you upgrade one thing, your going to hafto upgrade a few other things. If you get a new video card, you might need a new PSU to power it. Thats if yours is a stock 200-250watt psu from Dell.

i dont know where to find some of that stuff so ill give u wut i could find. Do you know where to find it?
256MB RAM
intel pentium 4 CPU 1500MHz

Download lavasoft everest home edition. Google it. Tells you EVERYTHING you would ever want to know about your pc. And, its free.

motherboard: dell dimension 8100
ram: 256MB
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 1500 MHz (15 x 100)
anything else u need to know?
also where can i find psu?

get a 6600gt graphics card if agp/pci-e
6800gs if better pci-e

then get 256mb - 1gig more ram

I would completely start over so you know you can trust all of your parts.
Build a new one for 600-700 and you'd be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom