Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a TAP group member, there are major bugs that have been found in build 5259 of Windows Vista by TAP testers.

As a result, Microsoft is working on compiling a new build. At this stage, Build 5262 is likely to be released on either Monday or Tuesday. It is also possible that Microsoft will release build 5259 "as is" on Monday or Tuesday, but advise people with specific configurations to be aware of the major issues.

Well as long as it doesn't harm the hardware I have no problems with it you can expect Betas to be buggy but if the release canidates are buggy then you have a problem.

I suppose I wonder if the driver support has improved but more importantly since they are developing both 32 and 64 bit side by side if the 64 bit when released will not be buggy like Windows XP x64.

Well to answer some questions asked since i was gone.
1. No i havent gotten a copy of this build, yet.
2. No one has stated what the major bug is. They say that there is one and a warning should be issued if this build is released but never give any info on it.
3. The word on the net so far is that 5259 will be the build released on Tuesday. Build 5262 is in production but hasnt gotten thru internal testing so most likely 5259 will be your Nov CTP. Just 2 days short of Dec when Beta 2 is slated to launch durning.

GuitarFreak1857 said:
that toolbar feature is sick... also the windows key+spacebard is nice also. sweet video !

Ya but u'd need one hell of a video card to do that animation stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom