Optical Drive Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkk

Baseband Member
I'm workin on my new rig and all is lookin good but I'm a bit hung up on what kind of Optical drive setup to have.

I want to be able to do it all, burn and play both DVDs and CDs, and I want to do it well. But the question is:

Would it be best to have just one fat CD/DVD R/RW? Would it be more expensive or even possible to buy one with speeds comperable to one with only CD R/RW? It's common to see most new pre-built comps with two drives, and I like the idea of burning quicker by having the source in one and a blank in the other.

Ideas? Experiences? Comments?

y not just get a dvd rw, it iwll be more cost effective, so i think , and u can read all the other types anyway, unless of course u ar eplanning ot rip dvds. for dvd to dvd yuou will need two, i think 4x is the fastest dvd rw speed, just check that out.

but would it make sense to to have a regular CD-R/RW drive just for reading and writing regular cds faster, I know that ones that only do CD's are faster

i have a dvdrom and a dvdrw drive both in my main system. Originally i thought i would use the DVDROM and DVDRW equally but i have noticed that i hardly use the DVDROM at all. I find that it was a bit of a waste of money actually.

I don't know if you mean physically or metaphorically but it is no bigger than a regular cd drive. If it's in your budget get 2 nec 40 dollar dvd-r drives. If not get one now and one later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom