Overclocking nVIDIA GeForce4

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ are you serious? Ok ok, dont try playing UT2007 or Oblivian then. Get some better drivers and maybe some better cooling. The reason i say this is because out of older cards i like to squeeze as much performance out of them as possible. BTW, a 5500 isnt that much of an upgrade.

ya if you're going to upgrade make it very noticable, get maybe 2x1gb ram, and a agp 6800gs

I actually just oc'ed my dads old mx440 by asus. Got it to 340/510. I guess thats good since i think stock is almost 100mhz lower. It made Nfs:MW run alot faster and I could run on high settings with lag but changed that with nvidia settings and set it for performace. I tell ya it oc'ed more than my ati 9600xt. The 9600 still clocks higher.

I heard even with the best tech out there, if you tried playing ut2007 when it comes out with 2 gtx 512's, 4gb ram and a dual core cpu on max settings, it would lag. That just makes no sense.

Pepsiboy700 said:
I actually just oc'ed my dads old mx440 by asus. Got it to 340/510. I guess thats good since i think stock is almost 100mhz lower. It made Nfs:MW run alot faster and I could run on high settings with lag but changed that with nvidia settings and set it for performace. I tell ya it oc'ed more than my ati 9600xt. The 9600 still clocks higher.
What program did you use to overclock it?

I heard even with the best tech out there, if you tried playing ut2007 when it comes out with 2 gtx 512's, 4gb ram and a dual core cpu on max settings, it would lag. That just makes no sense.
Actualy it does becasue the Unreal3 engine is to be made for the SocketM boards and cpus as well as the next gen of video cards.

Unreal Tournament in general sucks in my opinion.... How is this on gonna be any different than all the others besides graphics?

Pepsiboy700 said:
How far could you overclock the memory? I'm using Rivatuner and can't get the memory over 189 MHz before it starts to mess up.

Rivatuner also only lets me take the GPU up to 405 MHz, which I can do and have no problems. What program are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom