Hello I am new and i got a tricky one if any one wans a go at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErisSharp

Solid State Member
ok Well I am new here I found this forum looking for Tech suport on google my computer is doing some thing I never seen before and I dont know really what it could be. it might be software it might be hardware I really dont know I'll start you off with the specs Windows XP Pro fully updated a wail ago I upgraded my ram in my computer but I dont know I dont think its that I think its more in the line of software but i dont know for sure. heres the problem and how it happen about a month ago my computer kept doing this lagging thing where it would freeze for 2 secounds then go really slow then go to normal agein I notice this when I was lisen to media and all of a sudden it started to sound like when you shake a diskman all glichie then the music just stop then started agein it would do this every 6 to 15 minutes when I tryed playing a game the game would just start acting like I was lagging then freeze then go back to mormal every 6 to 15 minutes I got to the point where I started getting pretty damn made at that so I when to start >Accessories >System Tools> System restore and restored it to an earler date it was running fine I had to send my computer out to best buy because of the burner and when it came back a few days letter it started doing the lagging thing and I cant lisen to music or play games barely run IE a metter of fact its doing it now :mad: I have norton antivirus and spysweeper all updated and I scanned my system in Safe mode with both so I dont think its spam ware or viruses if any one has any clues please post anything would be help bye for now

Sounds like a video card/sound card problem. I was getting this with a previous system where the system would pause then contiue like you are speaking..I would play a song it would bounce around then be normal. I had a cheap video card in it. I replaced the card and everything worked SMOOTH!! What are yous system specs? We have the OS covered.

Well my Video Card isnt cheap its the radeon 9700 series P4 2.5 ghz, 125 Gb or ram 80GB HD master and a 10Gb slave HD.
I whish i could just do a system restore but when i got it back from bestbuy all the restore date where gone and the only days i could restore it was 2 days ago witch when i tryed it said it could not be restored...

Sound's like somethin's hogging ur memory n' cpu .. Why don't u run Hijack this or Processxp n' post the results here ..

Also have u noticed which process is using up the max CPU power when the system starts lagging
Keep ur task manager open n' watch for a while .. n' u'll notice it

the top 6 processes are svchost.exe 25,000k, msmsgs.exe 22,000k, iexplore.exe 18,000k, spysweepeeper.exe.16,00k, CAPP.EXE 10,800k and explorer.exe 10,200k

and I dont know where to get hijack or english Processxp....

I still cant get it! can you post it? or is there another srouce? Download.com cant even do it but I can download AIM i think there is something wrong with their server I also downloaded procexp

on procexp when ever it starts lagging the littel icon on by the clock of the screen turns red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom