I want to buy a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

quick123

Solid State Member
Im buying a computer/ what should i get/ i want to do lots of school and work related applications/ i multitask/ i play the occasional game/// what should i do/ any suggestions? budget is about 1000 usd +or- a few bucks...

do you OC?

MSI K8N NEO4-F
eVGA 6600GT
X2 3800+
Corsair valueselect 1GB
antec truepower 500W power supply
case case case?
couple of case fans
hdd?
OS?
Keyboard?
monitor?
mouse?

have monitor/ keyboard/ mice/ any black case will do (my monitor is black) how good is that video card

it can play most games right now on high but next year probably on med settings.

you can probably play bf2 on med-high with the 6600GT

a dual core processor from AMD...i think you need to do a little more research before you go out and build your own computer

My friend said he'd build it for me/ all i have to do is find parts/// is that x2 very good? i want something that is good for multitasking

dual core's good for either -very- gfx intense games or heavy, heavy multitasking. Though imho, the extra money required isn't really that worth it for the improvement :confused: . But that's just my two cents ^_~

What pzero suggested is a good rig for your budget. Do it. Do...it.

I would say get a 6800gs, that should be your priority and build up from that to $1000. Its a great card and a great deal and you wont have to worry about the limitations like you will get with a 6600gt. I will build something for you...one sec...

Dual core IS worth it, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom