Which Sound Card??

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickFas

In Runtime
I was just wondering if anyone had a good choice as to which sound card is the best for the money. I currently am using my old sound card which isn't very good so I am wondering what everyone's opinions are on this subject.

PLEASE HELP!!

I assume this is for gaming. If you have the money, get the Creative X-fi Fatal1ty FPS, it's $270 on newegg. If that's to much money, get the X-fi XtremeMusic on newegg for $117. The Fatal1ty will make a difference over the xtrememusic in bf2, FEAR and most upcoming games however.

Alright i'll check that out. But what exaclty am i looking for in a gaming sound card?

003 said:
I assume this is for gaming. If you have the money, get the Creative X-fi Fatal1ty FPS, it's $270 on newegg. If that's to much money, get the X-fi XtremeMusic on newegg for $117. The Fatal1ty will make a difference over the xtrememusic in bf2, FEAR and most upcoming games however.

whats the difference?

the X-fi Fatal1ty FPS has an extra 64mb of ram on there but the graphs on anandtech showed that it had only about a 1 or 2 fps difference between the audigy 2 ZS? think forgot which card they compared it too. but i think upcoming games might utilise this more but for games right now there is really no point in getting it unless you have the money

Not that it has an extra 64mb, it has the memory, unlike the X-fi XtremeMusic and X-fi Platinum. There are two reasons why there is not an actual FPS boost.
1. It is not meant to boost FPS, it is meant to cache up to 128 hardware sound sources and higher quality sounds.
2. The only games that currently takes advantage of the RAM is BF2, and FEAR does take advantage of the X-fi, but not the new memory. Most games that will be coming out now will take advantage of it. When you get a sound card for gaming, you want to look that it supports the latest version of EAX (5.0), which all the X-fi cards do, and you want to see how many sounds it can process in hardware, which all the X-fi cards can do 128, which is currently the best, and the features it has, like the added RAM, etc...

The Xtreme Music does everything u could really want. if u need the remote to your computer, u dont want to be using creative's software in the first place.

The other X-Fi's are a waste.

That's not why I recommended the Fatal1ty FPS, I recommended it because it has the onboard RAM and the other X-fi's don't. It will help in BF2 and most upcoming games. (UT2007 included)

? wtf u talking about the audigy 2 zs has onboard memory it doesnt help at all. unless u goona produce music in which u woudlnt even touch a sound blaster card like the audigy or x-fi. anythign above audigy 2 zs is a waste of money. dont waste your money a 270 audio card unless it has 4 in/out and other shit i dont rember, with an outstanding DC/AC and u goona do professional audio. And no video games are not professional audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom