dell 20" widescreen too good for my video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adragland

Baseband Member
i just purchased a dell 20" digital widescreen (2005fpw) and it looks amazing with 1680X1050 but is my video card not good enough to handle it? i have an ATI mobility Radeon 9700 (64meg). I have VGA, DVI, and S-video out and im going DVI to the monitor but for some reason i cant see video on the screen. cant play videos in windows media player or nero showtime, nor will it show the image of DVDs. ive used it as my primary and secondary and it still does the same thing. it has worked once so im thinking i just have top set it to something. it worked for a little while and then its not working now..now the weird thing is, is if i open windows movie maker and am editing video in that i can see it fine..so whats that all about?

What are you using it for? If you play games at that resolution I'm not sure your card ca handle it, well at least with all the graphic settings to the highest.

i do a little gaming but not much, mostly for video editing and playback..watch some dvds. problem is i cant saee the video playback or dvds..i made sure my drivers are up to date..like i said it worked once or twice but its not working now..im wondering if i set something diffrent

what the crap..ok i just checked it and now its working..ok this is really ticking me off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom