Best Graphic Card for Xmas?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuul155

Solid State Member
I have about $400-$500 to spend for a new videocard. I was thinking of buying a Geforce 7800 GTX with 256mb
Is that a good choice? And if so what manufacturer should I buy from? XFX?

Also is this graphic card going to last (be up to date) for a long time? Or should I wait a little longer for a new generation of cards to be developed?

My computer would be too slow then to support everything then though, right? I have a P4 3.4 HT, 2.5gb PC3200 Ram. Thanks guys and one PCI-Express slot (thank god)

eVGA 7800GTX will last you like 2 years 3 years depends on what games you play and what resolution you play at.

do not get XFX :) get eVGA, leadtek, gigabyte, MSI, or as a last resort BFG

whcih version should i get of the 7800 GTX: the 256mb or the big mutha with 512? i would maybe be able o pay the 512 if i can convince my boss to give me one more paycheck in advance...

I'd say go with the 7800GT - evga has one for $319 on newegg.com.
Then take the rest of the money and buy some more ram or upgrade to better ram.

never, EVER xfx. Xfx = 36il. I <3 my eVGA, but you can't go wrong with MSI or even Asus. =)

Yea go with the 7800GT. I've seen the benchmarks and the difference from the GT to the GTX is only about 5-10 fps, which really isn't worth an extra $130 or so, that's why i'd go with the 7800GT :p

Why BFG as last resort?

They OC much more than what the factory OCs it at, great customer support, great prices, o gee I'm making a comerical ain't I?

lol cause one of the mod's got a BFG 6800GT and it fried on him, this was the OCed version with AS5 and NV5 so i dont like them O_O but eVGA is the way to go :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom