help picking out a video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevytrucknut

In Runtime
Hey guys, as I'm slowly building my PC, I'm always looking for something GOOD, but can be upgraded in the future as things need more of this and more of that.

Sooo, now I'm looking at a video card, and I've found one, and it's an SLI, 512mb ram. Here's what someone said about it, and it basically says what I would:

"For those of you who don’t know, this is not a high end card, it can’t compete with a high end 256MB card, but it’s also a half to a third of the price of a high end 256MB card. I’ve had mine for about a month now and no complaints, it can handle BF2 at the highest Video settings and no lag. ON Americas Army I’m getting 75 – 85 FPS Like I said this is not A high end card, but it will probably run anything currently on the market good, as long as theirs no compatibility issues that is. The default GPU Clock on this card is 300MHz and the Memory’s default speed is 500MHz. So if you want a card with good performance at a great price, this is it. If you want a supercharged card go with the Radeon X850 or the Geoforce 6800 or of course the 7800 GTX. BTW I gave this card a 5 because it’s well worth the price. "

It's got all 5's for reviews, and it's SLI compatible, so later down the road, I could maybe get another, hook them both up, and so on...

What do you think? Here's the link to it:

Here

You should really consider the evga 6800GS, it will blow the 6600gt away and its not much more money

the 6800GS will last you way longer then the 6600GT, the 6600GT is still a powerful card, but dont go thinking its going to last you more then a year at high resolution

It won't do high res as it is. I have trouble playing FEAR smoothly at 1024x768 on my 6800GT, which is twice as powerful as the 6600gt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom