Crossfire or SLi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrispowell

Baseband Member
hey everyone im about to upgrade my computer and im getting 2 cards to run.. im not sure which is better SLi or Ati's Crossfire. Ive heard both sides say there good.. and there bad... help me out guys what do you think?

If anything, go SLI because its Nvidia, but i agree with weringo, dont do either. Both are wastes of money.

Crossfire beats SLi anyday, well in performance.

If you had the money, save up for the next gen of cards that supports direct x10 (or whatever its gonna be called).

The cost performance ratio sucks. BUT, keep in mind SLI can be good for budget gamers.

Two mid or lower end cards can perform almost as good as a higher mid range card for less. Like gigabyte 3D-1 was a great idea, 2 6600gts for 250ish bucks. Im pretty sure it performs almost or just as good as a 6800gt for less,

Its not a waste of money. If their was no increase in performance, it would be a waste of money. Their is an increase in performance, maybe not a big one, but their is.

Hopefully sometime in the near future SLI will become more developed and whatnot, so their will be a bigger advantage, probably wont ever see a 100% inscrease but hopefully close.

Lol, two 6600gts don't preform as well as a 6800gt number one, and number 2, you can get a single 6800gs which beats the 6800ultra when overclocked.

You will only get a 30% increase than if you had one card it's better to buy one uber card than to buy 2 lower end cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom