CPU Temp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHAHAHAHA that's pretty sad when 3 or 4 people post at around the same time and get the same freakin answer :)

No... wait.. I'm just a retard for not seeing a second page :(

I took side of tower off and got temp down to 46C i think im going to invest in a new HSF i was looking around and saw 'Coolermaster Jet 7 ACB-V83 Cooler (Socket A) (HS-011-CM)'' Do you think this would be a wise investment to decrease my temp and would this cooler be quieter than standard HSF that came with PC?

Thanks in advance

Chalky

I got the Aero7 from Coolermaster and they definitely help the heat issue & I don't think it's too Loud.

if you took the side panel off and the cpu temps dropped that means you have a case airflow problem, not a cpu heatsink problem. you should streamline your cables and wires and get more case fans. make sure you have the airflow correct.

I'd personally say that that temp is too high. True that amd's run hotter than intel's but that 2100 shouldn't be running that hot. I have a 2600 @ 2.1ghz with 2 fans running and hsf and I run that under FULL load.

What I'd try to do first is clean up the case a little bit. Get the wires organized and that should make a 2-5C difference. You can cut out the stamped fan holes and put fan guards in to increase airflow. That might kick it down another couple. And you might want to splurge for some good thermal compound. I run artic silver 5 but I've seen a lot of people use as3.

That's the inexpensive route. you also have the choice to get a hsf which you can get anywhere from 30-60 usd. Your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom