why wont .exe file run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarantulatarama

Baseband Member
just downloaded a scanner driver from manufacturer, but the install exe won't run on my computer. Any ideas why this is so?

post a link to the driver. When you install the scanner, go to device manager, uodate driver, specify the location and point to the .exe and it should install

Warez Monster said:
post a link to the driver. When you install the scanner, go to device manager, uodate driver, specify the location and point to the .exe and it should install

can device manger recognize .exe. files? I use winrar to extract those .exe files, so that the driver .inf files shows up

Could be a issue with your anti virus protecting your computer, or the drivers/application you downloaded is not meant for XP but windows 95/98/ME did you make sure it was the correct O/S and it is supported

you may also want to try downloading again... could be something got screwed up in the download. this also takes care of making sure that you have the correct version for your operating system.

EricB said:
can device manger recognize .exe. files? I use winrar to extract those .exe files, so that the driver .inf files shows up

Ive dont it very few times and it worked. I cant remember what I did it for but the exe wouldnt run but if I pointed to it with DM, it ran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom