Constant Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephtis

Beta member
Reccently I came over a problem that I had dealt with before, my computer would not boot up properly and I would have to reboot it a few times for it to get into windows, I don't know how I resolved this problem I think it just did it by its self.
Now I have the problem again and its been happening for over 2 weeks, it's passable and doesn't bother me that much but now my computer won't start or boot up at all.
It goes as such, turn on computer, loads windows, three minutes later it crashes and then won't boot up windows until I turn it off for a minute or two then the problem starts again. Could you please help me to solve or locate this problem.
I don't think it's a virus or trogan as I have the latest anti virus software, I also have the latest drivers for my motherboard, bios and video card.

Specifications:
VIA K7 Mainboard
Athlon XP+ 3200
2 X 256mb DDR
Geforce 6600GT 256mb
Maxtor 80GB HDD
Samsung DVD Drive
LG CD Burner Drive

Start windows in safe mode, if it still crashes in safe mode you windows is most likley corrupt and i would suggest reformatting. But if the computer boots up fine in safe mode, run all your anti spyware and anti virus programs. I would also suggest downloading a registry and cleaning program cleaning program.

I would suggest CCleaner and Regseeker. I use them both and find them very usefull.

Because it crashes after 2-3 mins there could also be some other problems. Overheating of the CPU, Ram problems or corrup HD sectors.

I use CC cleaner but don't registry cleaner programs sometimes crash programs and even windows by deleting "duplicate" registry keys?

I just ran it in safe mode and it crashed, so I'll reinstall my system files, I don't really want to format my entire HDD right at the moment. Do you reckon it would be my CPU? For my case I bought an extra fan and VGA cooler to keep my video card temperature down. My cpu starts up at 35C then 42C when using desktop applications then around 50C when playing games.

I think it might be my HDD because I tried to boot it on another computer beforehand and nothing happened, I think this was because I removed the HDD with system files and an open partition.

Thanks for the advice anyway. :)

how are u you trying to reinstall it?

if your doing it throught boot off CD and it still crashed i would think it more to be CPU overheating or a Ram problem.

Wait for someone else to comment as im not an expert.

I don't it's the HDD. Most likey would show you some error or black screen. Most Likely the motherboard is gone.

The motherboard is literally brand new, I did recieve a blink of a blue screen sometimes when it crashes.

I actually think it might've been my RAM, I opened my case and one of the sticks was lose. I took both of them out and switched slots I also checked all other connections I'm trying to reinstall Windows files now.

--

I reinstalled the system files because I deleted them before when trying to reinstall them and so far it looks good, anyway sorry for wasting your time on such a simple thing. Atleast I learnt something, by the way I'm fourteen. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom