Overclocking nVIDIA GeForce4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok got it all done to the highest setting I can go without it getting erratic.

GPU clock went from 270 MHz to 333 MHz.

Memory clock went from 160 Mhz to 189 MHz.

Bandwidth went from 5328 MB/s to 6048 MB/s.

It seems to be doing alright with these settings. Do these seem like some good changes?

I just got done with Rivatuner on mine (been using coolbits)...

315mhz core and 675mhz memory... Not bad for this card. (Geforce Ti 4400). Stock speeds are 275mhz core and 552 memory.

I would suggest using the 81.94 drivers, Rivatuner doesn't support the 81.95 drivers yet.

P.P. Mguire said:
For a crap card like that. yes. I think if you got some actualy cooling on that thing it would go higher.
Haha. I am looking at a XFX GeForce FX 5500 for $45, I might get that if it's a good card. I'm not a big gamer. Just like to play a few good games every once in awile and don't like them to lag.

Thanks for the help. :)

Oh Rivatuner doesn't support NVIDIA Forceware 81.94 either, but it didn't act screwy with it on AM3.

There is no way your ram is only at 189mhz. On AIDA32 it says 350mhz for the RAMDAC... You really, really need to update your drivers.

lazerman said:
Oh Rivatuner doesn't support NVIDIA Forceware 81.94 either, but it didn't act screwy with it on AM3.

There is no way your ram is only at 189mhz. On AIDA32 it says 350mhz for the RAMDAC... You really, really need to update your drivers.
I installed the newest driver, reinstalled Rivatuner and then overclocked. Rivatuner did say something about my driver being too new for the program. :confused:

Here is what Rivatuner says for specs:
rtspecs.jpg

And AIDA32:
a32specs.jpg

Hmm... Idk it still looks slow. I guess your Geforce 4 isn't the top of the line one like mine sorta is (top of the line is Ti 4600), but it doesn't matter since I'm getting a 6800GS (maybe 7800GS).

No, definitely not top of the line material. lol

It seems to be a little quicker after overclocking it, so it's good for now. At least, until I get a new video card or whole new system since this one is getting old.

Optical you shouldnt buy a whole new system, get another 512mb of ram, and a new video card, that is all you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom