help connection Issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerj14

In Runtime
hi my connection is always is always breaking and i go to network connections and click status and i see that it sent 64// and received 0.. i also try reparing the connection but that doesnt work and i still get the no connectivity or limited connection thing.. but when i go and restart my router. unplug it and plug it back in it seems to work again.. but i cant keep doing that this happenes about 6 times a day...

i have a linksys router and im connecting to a sbc yahoo dsl box.

also when i click do run: ipconfig the black dos screen comes up for a split second and goes away... help please help is very much appreciated. thanks!

run, type msconfig enter

then type ipconfig /all
or ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling?

Haev top try to download and install the newest firmware for your linksys router? When was the last time you have donw that? Check the linksys site for your specific router and and downloadable updates. If you have none and you are up to date you might just need a new router.

linksys card also? if so, I have a problem with their antennas. They suck and I have to position them in a way to connect and they break easily...so i switched to d link cards and they connect fine

well my router is 1 inch away from my box.. its directy connected actually so i dont think its the Anntenas because i move them around and the connection is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom