Best notebook for $400

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcrobot

In Runtime
Best notebook for $400 - $500

Hello all,

I'm considering buying a cheap notebook, since I'm out of the house a lot, and a mobile pc would be nice. I know I wont get much, but with the holiday season coming up, I figured that prices would go down a little. My "requirements" are below;

$400 - $500 price
Windows XP
DVD/CD-RW
512MB RAM
Minimum 40GB HDD
Wireless internet connectivity, preferably built in.
A good battery life

I would also like, but don't really need;

DVD Burner
2 or more USB ports
Interchangable drives

I don't really have a preference about brand of processor, unless one is a lot better. I'm going to be using it for surfing the web, e-mail, & watching DVDs.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

EDIT: Knocked the max price up $100

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a $400 laptop with those specs.

I know Dell has a laptop on sale for $400 as does Walmart during the "After Thanksgiving Sale". Check those out.

pcrobot said:
Hello all,

I'm considering buying a cheap notebook, since I'm out of the house a lot, and a mobile pc would be nice. I know I wont get much, but with the holiday season coming up, I figured that prices would go down a little. My "requirements" are below;

$400 max price
Windows XP
DVD/CD-RW
512MB RAM
Minimum 40GB HDD
Wireless internet connectivity, preferably built in.
A good battery life

I would also like, but don't really need;

DVD Burner
2 or more USB ports
Interchangable drives

I don't really have a preference about brand of processor, unless one is a lot better. I'm going to be using it for surfing the web, e-mail, & watching DVDs.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Your not going to find something like that for $400. Check out the Dell website, they usually through nice deals. You may get away with something for like $650.

Re:

What about this?

EDIT: Putting aside my desired specs... what would be the best laptop to get for $400 - $50?

Thanks!

I dunno about that... Anything that forces you to make a long term commitment to an ISP ain't good, and AOL is the worst of the lot...

Check out USANotebook:
http://usanotebook.com/

Trotter said:
I dunno about that... Anything that forces you to make a long term commitment to an ISP ain't good, and AOL is the worst of the lot...
It will be about $450 without the AOL deal. I would never use AOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom