2 harddrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowcomp

In Runtime
how hard is it to run two hardrives and what all is envolved and what kind of wiring is required

if you have the space in your case, it is really easy to add another hdd to your pc. set the jumper to CS, put it in your case, connect the IDE or SATA cable, and the molex and fire it up...

i relativly new to this stuff and i dont know the names of the wires and stuff can you put it in lamans terms or give me a visual thanks alot

Basically, if you have another slot near your current harddrive, then you just pop the new harddrive in.

You will need an IDE cable with two connectors. Look at pic...
http://www.eutronix.com/IDE_cable2.jpg

Connect the new drive in the second port. Alos find an extra power cord that fits and plug that in.

You will have to check the drve manuals to see about jumper settings. The old drive needs to be set to master and the new one should be slave.

After that, you can go into Administrators tools in the control panel and then Computer Management then Disk Management. You can partition the new drive any way you like.

Voila! You now have 120 more gigs (or whatever).

thanks man i appreciate it i love after thanksgiving sales im getting a 200 gb hardrive for 29.99 and a 16x dvd burner for 19.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom